Kids are huge suckers for cute food presentation. They may decide that they don’t like a food. But they are much more likely to give it a try and make a more informed decision if they are presented with something like this:
Here are the tools I pull out when I feel it might take a little something extra to get my kids excited about snack time:
- Colors. Sprinkle brightly colored fruit over yogurt to make it a visual delight.
- Toppings. Look for opportunities to add a dollop of whipped cream or some rainbow sprinkles. (I’ve heard of people putting sprinkles on their kid’s dinner and thereby magically turning it into a yummy food.)
- Faces. Make a face with small bits of food on top of a bagel and such. Better yet, give your kids all the ingredients and have them make the face.
- Sauce it up. Pour on sauce or ketchup in the shape of a heart. Polka dots are fun too.
- Serving plate and utensils. A fun little bowl or fork can make all the difference.
You get the idea. I’m sure there are a million more out there.
- Take a look at the genius that is Cute Yummy Time.